We live in a society that glorifies and lifts up pridefulness, narcissistic behaviors and a time that says, “What ever makes you feel good is OK. God resists the proud. HE hates pride! (Isaiah 2:12, Philippians 2:3)
When we are looking at ourselves and what we can accomplish instead of what God can accomplish through us it causes confusion and pride. Even the Church has begun to water down the Word and many no longer even teach what God REALLY says to us. We add our own interpretations because of our experiences.
I see much confusion in those who call themselves Christians and so does the ‘world’ thus they are turned away by all the misleading’s they see and the inconsistency they see in believers. It is confusing to Christians, let alone the world.
Looking at some of the confusions:
1. God punishes us through sickness, diseases and tragedies to teach us lessons.
2. God does not heal everyone.
3. There are many gods and many ways to god and heaven.
4. Whatever makes you feel good is OK
5. God will not have anything to do with you if you sin.
6. There is no hell or heaven.
7. God made me do it.
8. God allowed it.
9. God caused it.
1. God NEVER caused sickness, made anyone sick or gave them cancer to teach them a lesson. (Matthew 9:35, Deuteronomy 7:15, 30:20)
2. There was NO One that God did not WANT to heal. HE said He COULD NOT heal some because of their unbelief. (Matthew 13:58, Mark 6:5)
3. There is only ONE WAY to God to heaven, that is through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.(John 14:6, Acts 4:12, 1 Timothy 2:5)
4. Good feelings are not always OK. We have seen this through abortion, murders, crime. It certainly makes some feel good, but it does not make it Good. We live in a time of history that many are led by feelings. (Jeremiah 17:9)
5. If God did not say He would leave us if we sin. If that were so, NO ONE could have fellowship with HIM, for we all have sinned and fall short. (Deuteronomy 31:8, Hebrews 13:5)
6. God talks about heaven much more than He ever talks about hell, why would He share with us something that is not so. God tells us there is both. Where is it you would like to spend eternity? He also tells us that we can heaven on earth if we believe. (Isaiah 37:16, Acts 17:24)
7. God does not control us like puppets, He has given us all a ‘Free’ Will and we make choices and decisions based on our own experiences and knowledge. God tells us that we parish for lack of Knowledge. (Joshua 24:15, Revelations 3:20)
8. God allows only what we allow. He again is not the one causing tragedies, depression etc to teach us lessons. He said He gave us His Word as our instructor. The Word is NOT confusing. It is a book of instructions, that changed by the way after Jesus came on scene. Make sure you look at the Word through the eyes of God and His NEW Covenant with us. We are NO longer Under Law as the Old testament taught. We are New creatures in Christ Jesus and have a NEW COVENANT. (Matthew 18:18, Genesis 1:26)
9. God again does not cause sickness, disease, tragedies in our lives, as I hear so many say. You never know what God will do? God is NOT schizophrenic. He has given us the power to overcome all the things in this world. In this world there are tragedies and as believers He has given us power and authority to move every single mountain and that includes sickness and disease. The time to plant seeds of belief in our lives is BEFORE we ever need a miracle. Start Feeding your Believer NOW. (Luke 10:19, Luke 9:1, Matthew 18:18-20,James 4:7)((mark 11:23-24, Mark 11:23)
If you are not born again and believe in Jesus Christ, start your new year out with looking to Jesus Christ and take the steps to be born again. How do you do that? Simply believe In all that Jesus did for us and make HIM the Lord and Savior or your life. (John 3:3, Romans 10:9)